The revolutionary new medical specialty called predictive medicine uses comprehensive genetic testing and analysis to provide people with the knowledge they need to take action and outsmart their genes in order to change their destiny.
Separating myth from fact and answering all the tough questions, Outsmart Your Genes clearly explains:
- What genetic information can reveal about your overall health and how you and your doctor can use that information to create a genetically tailored plan to predict, prevent, and prevail over cancer, Alzheimer's, heart disease, obesity, and many other conditions.
- How genetic testing can help both prospective and current parents protect the health of their children against a number of diseases, including autism, asthma, dyslexia, multiple sclerosis, obesity, and diabetes. The book also explains how genetic testing can now predict and prevent life-threatening conditions that affect babies and children, including SIDS and other causes of sudden death.
- Why testing your children right now may provide the best chance they have to fight against diseases that won’t manifest until later in life, including Alzheimer’s, many forms of cancer, and even hearing loss.
- How and why genetic panel screening and disease matrix technology with reflex analysis allow you and your physician to focus only on the most relevant information, thereby avoiding information overload.
- The important concepts you need to understand before speaking with a doctor.
- The top five questions you need to ask in order to assess:
|1 The credibility of the laboratory doing the testing.
|2 The types of diseases included in the test.
|3 How thoroughly the test actually evaluates your risk for each
of the diseases.
|4 Whether the information is provided in a way that makes it actionable.
|5 Whether the results will be delivered in a format that is straightforward and easy to understand.